Spring Quarter Week 2 Goals
I don’t think I’m going to modify my set of goals from last week, with one exception: gym on Monday! (to make up for last Thursday when I forgot workout clothes)
- MWF Class 3 - up front, notes, attention (because it is so far not worth the effort)
- MWF Assigned reading before lecture (to see if I need to pay attention in Class 3 and because it’s useful)
- MTWThF 45 minutes of research (I talked to my grad student, and I have a set project for the quarter. Need to get it done!)
- MTWThF Calendar, to-do list -> MTWThF Calendar, to-do list, e-mail, notebook (just so I can keep at it)
- MTWThF No chat until 8pm
- TThF Gym
- MWTh Class 1 - up front, notes, attention
- MWF Class 2 - up front, notes, attention
- MWF Class 4 - up front, notes, attention
- MTWThF Independent study progress
- MTWThF No procrastination
- MTWThF Bus time used effectively
- MTWThF Eating
- MTWThF 9pm get ready
- MTWThF Stress management
- MTWThF Don’t be rude to people
- MTWThF Routine
- MTWThF BE AWESOME (required to check no matter what)
And a recap/update of food-specific goals:
- No eating “free”/available food
- Pack fruit/nuts/veggies; eat only when hungry (when just feel like eating: water/tea, gum)
- Consume my whole water bottle in classes
- Absolutely no buying food
- Keep to the gym! There is always time for fitness
- Veggies over fruit if possible
- Aim for more protein than fat (and consume protein, especially around workouts!)
This was my goals sheet for last quarter. The plan was to check things off daily and adjust the list, week by week. That didn’t work, because I just gave up checking things. (I was *always* supposed to check the bottom row, no matter what)
I updated the list for this quarter. Now, I have a tumblr. After dinner every weekday, I’m going to go through the list and check things off and tumbl about things I failed to do. I also made a loseit account, and I’ll post my daily achievements there.
Weight-related goals, expanded:
- Do not eat “free” food/food lying around to take
- Pack lots of fruit/veggies + nuts instead of lunch, eat only when hungry (if hungry after gym + in class, eat a small handful of nuts and wait 20 minutes)
- Only snack when hungry; if just “feel like eating,” drink water
- Consume my whole water bottle each day along with tea
- Absolutely no buying food
- Yogurt for breakfast! At minimum, on gym days
- Gym on T/Th/F. Seriously. I am good at this at the beginning of the quarter, but then “there’s no time.” Seriously, bro. No dropping the ball on this one this time
I need to work hard and get good grades and succeed and lose weight and look hot. Woo!
I can’t change dinner, really. And for breakfast I usually have plain yogurt with maple syrup and a kiwi and tea, but I can cut down on the maple syrup. I don’t know. For lunch, I plan on just packing plain veggies and plain fruits and a handful of nuts. Forcing myself to drink a lot of water. I already drink tea like the plague.
If I feel hungry, I eat a fruit. If I feel like snacking (but not hungry), I drink water. Good goal.
Winter Quarter’s over. Grades are okay, and I have until Monday to plan out exactly how to be healthy and to keep myself to my goals over Spring Quarter. I made up a daily checklist for that quarter, but forgot to keep track of it and eventually abandoned that plan. I might take it up again, and enforce it with tumblr.
I realized I need to change my attitude towards food, too. And buy new headphones. We’ll see. Healthy productive times await?